Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Guess what I found!

So instead of studying for my econ test I decided to look through the files on my computer. I found this neat poem I wrote about a year ago and I would like to share it with yall. I keep re-reading it and it sort of reminds me of Dr. Seuss and the way he wrote his rhymes. Not that I'm comparing myself to him but.. Just read it and tell me what you think, or not, or whatever. :) Enjoy.
p.s. I'm not the best poet but I think I have some poet potential.
p.p.s This poem is also fiction and I don't remember what gave me the inspiration. ( It also doesn't have a title, oops.)


Remember that day,

We were eleven,

Small, young and in love,

We promised we would be,

Together,

Together in center, and in love.

But you left at the age of

Fourteen,

Left me alone, alone to be.

I slept with that sweater

You gave me that last

September.

For years after you left I slept with

That sweater,

That green faded sweater,

The one you gave me,

For my birthday,

Do you remember? You do remember.

That November you left,

You left to that place,

That place far away,

Never to see your face,

You went into the ground.

Buried deeply with no sound,

Buried with love, my love,

So deep in the ground.

For I’m in love still with you,

My love, for I promised you.

That we would be in love,

 Together,

Together,

In center, and for forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment