Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Recipes

Last month my mother was in the hospital for a few days. This is the first time in my life that I had ever seen her so fragile and delicate. My mother is the type of woman who doesn't let anything bring her down, she is strong, independent and a great rolemodel to me. But to see her in that state destroyed me. Not because she was in that hospital bed but the fact that I could do nothing to soothe her worries. Thank God that she was sent home after five days.
Five days seemed like an eternity. For me at least. The reason for her hospital stay was due to her kidneys "misbehaving" as she had posted on facebook. (My mother had a facebook before anyone I knew, she even conviced me to get one.) The doctor told her that she needed to change her eating habits in order to keep her kidneys healthy. Thus my mother had to cut out all sodium out of her diet. ALL SODIUM! Sodium is in everything we eat, we consume at least twice of the recommended amount of sodium. But of course to keep herself healthy she had to comply with the doctors orders. The thing with that is that it is difficult to find things to eat with out sodium.

And this brings me to the point of this blog:
For mother's day I wanted to make her a "cookbook" a compilation of recipes in a binder. But I am having a rather hard time to finding the recipes that would suit her dietary restrictions. So I ask you the readers, is there any place online that you all might recommend?

If so it would be a GREAT help for me. I would really appreciate it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment